Blog Archive

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Tale of Two Castles

As we're moving further into October, I thought it might be a good time to look back at some of the fun we had this summer.  The fun included a scenic trip to New Hampshire, where I had the opportunity to visit two very different castles.

The first was the Lucknow Estate (also known as Castle in the Clouds), an early-20th century home built by the Plant family.  Sitting amid the Ossippee Mountains, it offers a gorgeous view of Lake Winnipesaukee and the surrounding region.

The view from Castle in the Clouds


The inside was fully adorned with artifacts and decor from the period when the house was occupied.  Peering into the closets, I wished I could ransack the place for my next 12 photo shoot costumes.  Alas, I obeyed the rules of the velvet rope and just snapped some pictures. :)












The view from the next castle might lead you to believe we were in for a similar experience on this visit, but, the truth is, we couldn't even step foot inside.  The castle was surrounded by a tall metal fence, so the best I could do was sneak my lens through the links.  Built around the same time as the Lucknow Estate to be a single family home, Kimball Castle has fallen on hard times and is in need of a buyer with some imagination and A LOT of funds.  Anyone out there in the market for a castle?


The view from Kimball Castle




No comments:

Post a Comment